Work at Six Pines Haunted Attractions
2019 Audition and Interview Dates
Sunday, September 8, Noon-4:00 pm (check in time Noon-2:00 pm) Location: Six Pines Ranch
Schedule pick up Friday Sept 20th at 7 pm.
Training Date: Barn of Doom Sat Sept 21st from 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm (approx)
Training Date: Barn of Doom Sun Sept 22nd from 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm (approx)
Training Date: carn Evil Sat Sept 28th from 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm (approx)
Training Date: Terror Train Sun Sept 29th from 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm (approx)
All other important staff (security, parking, gift shop attendant, ticketbooth – training date TBD)
Oscares Awards Party (staff) Saturday Nov 2nd (by ghoul invite only)
Six Pines Haunted Attractions, Manitoba’s #1 Haunted House, is NOW HIRING! If you enjoy the idea of scaring people for money, or bringing your artistic talents to the show, or you are simply looking for an exciting life experience, we have a place for you. Our interviews and auditions are about getting to know you and having a good time. There is no need to prepare anything for the day, just wear comfortable clothes and be ready to have fun. This is a “first come, first serve” event, we will interview you in the order you arrived for the day.
For more information please read the FAQ below. For any other questions, you can use the CONTACT FORM.
Contact & Connect
- What is the pay rate?
- What do I need to bring?
- What do I need to wear?
- What will I need to do?
- Do I need to be experienced?
- Do I need to be there the whole time?
- How old do I need to be?
- What is the time commitment if I’m hired?
- What if I can’t be there by 5:00 pm?
- Do I need to attend training days?
Things to Know for the Audition
Q: What is the pay rate?
- A: Positions and pay rates are based on experience starting off at minimum wage.
Q: What do I need to bring?
- A: Resume (previous employer information), head shot, your availability during October (see Hours of Operation), your social insurance number for payroll.
Q: What do I need to wear?
- A: We advise you to wear comfortable clothes.
Q: What will I need to do?
- A: Actors will check in with staff for the audition. If you are a makeup artist – please provide previous work. You will be asked to fill out a questionnaire and calendar of availability.
Q: Do I need to be experienced?
- A: Experience is helpful but not required. We ask you to prepare some improv and show us your talent. A good attitude and willingness to try things is what is important.
Q: Do I need to be there the whole time?
- A: No. You may show up at any point during the audition times. The auditions are first come, first serve. The length of time you will need to wait to be called in to audition depends on how many other people are there at the time you come.
Q: How old do I need to be?
- A: You must be at least 16 to apply. Positions will be determined at auditions. Some volunteer positions are available for school volunteer hours.
Q: What is the time commitment if I am hired?
- A: Call time is at 5:00 pm for most with makeup every day we are open – however some will be 5:30 depending on positions. We are looking for those with full commitment to the season. There are also scheduled training and safety days required.
Q: What if I can’t be there by 5:00 pm?
- Some exceptions including work and school are fine but will need to be noted.
Q: Do I need to attend the training days and acting classes?
- A: Yes. The acting classes and rehearsal days prepare you to be ready on opening day. We also take safety seriously. Training days cover all the information you need to keep yourself, your roommates and the audience safe.